Thursday 7 June 2018

The long awaited day!






‘Exspectata dies aderat…’    Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 5.

Or, for those of you who don’t understand Latin, ‘The Long Awaited Day Has Come.’

No, this isn’t Phaethon’s horses carrying Aurora up into the sky. It’s something far more exciting – to me, at least.

‘Esther Bligh’, my debut novella, published by Holland House Books, is out today!

And, yes, it is exciting, even though I’m at home, in front of the computer, typing this, ‘liking’ Facebook posts etc. (My launch is in ten days time – which will be another excitement!)

It’s great to see all the support from family and friends (thank you, all), and Amazon has only got one copy left. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. But the book is available from plenty of other places, both online and in actual bookshops. I’ve already seen it in my local shop, Seaways, where I’m having my launch, which is a great feeling. Having been a librarian in my time, I also look forward to seeing it in the library, where I’m intending to do a reading. And there are a few other events planned, so it’s a busy time, but I’m really thrilled by it all.

Long awaited, maybe, but definitely worth it!

Thank you, Robert Peett at Holland House!

No comments:

Post a Comment